Ontario Moose Hunting
Due to a cancellation we have a Moose rifle hunt come available for October 14 through to the 22nd.
Pasha Lake Cabins, which lies in WMU 19, has long been known for its outstanding moose hunting. Seemingly endless clear cuts and logging roads provide the perfect area to hunt moose. We sit down and go over maps with each new group to help ensure their success.
Non-Resident Archery Hunting – We offer guided or non-guided fall archery hunts. Tags are extremely limited, please call for tag availability and pricing. Our bow hunters arrowed one Boone and Crockett Bull Moose in the fall of 2002. Steve Shore of Windsor, Ontario took the beautiful Moose with a shot at eight feet.
Resident Only Rifle Hunting – The rifle hunters shot four bulls, one cow, and one calf during the first two weeks of the gun season. For those hunters unfamiliar with the area, extensive logging with large clear-cuts complement the water and swamps to provide excellent moose habitat and hunting opportunities.
Tags: Our non-resident adult tag Moose hunting packages are for archery only. We do not have non-resident rifle tags. Residents with their own rifle tags are welcome to stay at the camp.
Gun Guaranteed Group Size for 2017 (.pdf) Details Below
Moose Hunting Dates:
- Non-resident Archery season usually begins around September 19th
- We run our hunts from Saturday to Saturday
- Check in is 2 pm, check out is 9 am.
- Lakeside cabin for the week, fully equipped for housekeeping
- Orientation on hunting area
- Retrieval assistance
- Freezer service
- Non-residence hunting license $193.25
- Export Fee-$35
- Food & Drink (Housekeeping Accommodations)
- Ground Transportation
- Boat & motor
What To Bring:
- Warm Clothes (Never know what the temperature will be)
- Hunter Orange hat and vest (camo orange is not acceptable in Ontario)
- Previous hunting license CN or US
- Weapons of choice, gun or bow
- Soft or hard guncase or bowcase (legal requirement)
- Bug jacket and repellent
- Rain Gear
- Extra Footware/Gloves
- Flash lights (Batteries)
- Coolers & Freezer Bags for meat
- Hunting knife/sharpener
- Fishing rod and tackle
- Food & Drink
Moose Hunting Notes:
- Bow hunters must use a bow with a 50-lbs. pull or better. 60-lbs. pull or better is recommended.
- Bow hunters should be 20 yards or closer when taking a shot.
- Hunter orange must be worn at all times while hunting or transporting to-and-from the WMU.
- Hunters need to bring their old hunting license and proper personal identification.